- Provide broad knowledge and understanding of the organization, institutions, culture, and processes of society.
- Make clear the interrelatedness of Sociology and other social disciplines.
- Provide the viewpoints and tools essential for significant, systematic, and study and interpretation of social problems.
- Prepare students for advanced study in graduate and professional institutions and for work.
- Incorporate technology into the discipline.
- Help students master the nine core competencies.