International student is defined as a citizen or national of a foreign country who is in possession of or wishes to apply for an F-1 visa to study in the United States. Non-U.S. citizens currently living in the U.S. with no valid documented immigration status are considered International students.
Application deadlines: Fall - May 1st; Spring – November 1st; Summer – April 1st
- Completed and signed International Student Application for Admission
- $75.00 application fee (non-refundable)
- Official TOEFL score report sent directly from ETS
- Course-by-course evaluation of secondary school or university transcript, preferably from Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA). Information can be obtained at www.fcsa.biz.
- If applying as a transfer student, official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended must be submitted.
- If applying as a transfer student, a transfer report must be completed by your previous college/university’s International Student Advisor.
- Sufficient proof of financial support for at least one academic year. An original letter from your or your sponsor’s bank or financial institution and a bank official endorsement on the admission application are required. The amount required to be shown for the 2013-2014 year is $22,732.00 USD.
- The remittance of one semester’s tuition in advance.
- The I-20 form is issued upon approval of documents submitted and acceptance into the university.
General minimum admission requirements:
- Graduation from a secondary school comparable to a U.S. high school
- Equivalent of a 2.5 G.P.A.
- TOEFL scores as follows: greater than 500 (paper-based) or 173 (computer-based) or 61 (internet-based)
- Combined score of 900 on Critical Reading and Mathematics sections of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Or
- 18 Composite score on the American College Test (ACT)
- If applying as a transfer student a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.3 must have been earned at the last institution attended and you must be in good academic standing
- If applying as a transfer student you must be in good standing with Immigration and Customs Enforcement or be eligible to apply for reinstatement