Currently Accepting Applications!!
- Applications may be submitted by mail, fax, email, or in person to the Center for STEM Success office (D-L-102).
Summer 2014 Program
- Program Dates: AusPREP – June 8, 2015 – July 24, 2015
Pre-Algegra – June 29, 2015
- A $50 registration fee will be required upon enrollment.
- Application deadline – Deadline to submit application materials and registration fee: April 30, 2015, or until all seats are filled.
- Interviews may be required to determine admittance to the program.
- Successful candidates will be notified of acceptance in May.
- Required Pre-Testing dates are scheduled in May.
- PARENT ORIENTATION is required for parents and participants and is scheduled in May 28, 2015.
About Austin Pre-freshman Engineering Program (AusPrEP)
Austin Pre-freshman Engineering Program (AusPrEP) is one of the Texas Pre-freshman Engineering Programs (TexPrEP) located on college campuses in Texas. PrEP was founded to identify high achieving middle and high school students with the potential and interest in becoming scientists and engineers and to reinforce them in the pursuit of these fields. TexPrEP began in 1979 at the University of Texas at San Antonio under the leadership of Dr. Manuel Berriozabal and has been recognized nationally for preparing students for college engineering and science studies.
AusPrEP will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, sex, color, age, handicap, or national origin in selecting students for participation nor in the administration of this project. AusPrEP strongly encourages women and students from minority groups, who have been traditionally underrepresented in science and engineering, to apply for participation. Middle school students who are currently in grades sixth, seventh, or eighth are encouraged to apply for PREP year one. Students currently in the fifth grade are encouraged to apply for the Pre-Algebra Institute.
AusPrEP.Recommendation Forms.2015 Math and Science Teacher Recommendations forms. To be completed by the applicant’s math and science teachers.
AusPrEP.PA Application.2015 Job description and application for college students desiring to intern with AusPrEP.
AusPrEP.Instructor Application A.2015 To be completed by teachers desiring to be instructors with AusPrEP
Child Nutrition Form
Application for financial assistance.
Pre Algebra and YR 1-2015.1.31.2015 This application is to be completed by all applying to the PreAlgebra Institute and Year One of AusPrEP.
AusPrEP.Returning Participant.2015 This application is to be completed by participants who have completed year one or year two of the AusPrep Program.