AusPrEP: Austin Pre-freshman Engineering Program
Now accepting 2017 applications!!
- Applications may be submitted by mail, fax, email.
Summer 2017 Program
- Program Dates:
AusPrEP – June 12, 2017 – July 27, 2017
Pre-Algebra – July 5, 2017 – July 27, 2017
- A $75 registration fee will be required upon enrollment.
- Application deadline – Deadline to submit application materials and registration fee: April 28, 2017, or until all seats are filled.
- Interviews may be required to determine admittance to the program.
- Successful candidates will be notified of acceptance in May.
- Required Pre-Testing dates are scheduled in May.
- PARENT ORIENTATION is required for parents and participants and is scheduled in May 16, 2017, DL auditorium, 4-6 pm.
About Austin Pre-freshman Engineering Program (AusPrEP)
Austin Pre-freshman Engineering Program (AusPrEP) is one of the Texas Pre-freshman Engineering Programs (TexPrEP) located on college campuses in Texas. PrEP was founded to identify high achieving middle and high school students with the potential and interest in becoming scientists and engineers and to reinforce them in the pursuit of these fields. TexPrEP began in 1979 at the University of Texas at San Antonio under the leadership of Dr. Manuel Berriozabal and has been recognized nationally for preparing students for college engineering and science studies.
AusPrEP will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, sex, color, age, handicap, or national origin in selecting students for participation nor in the administration of this project. AusPrEP strongly encourages women and students from minority groups, who have been traditionally underrepresented in science and engineering, to apply for participation. Middle school students who are currently in grades sixth, seventh, or eighth are encouraged to apply for PREP year one. Students currently in the fifth grade are encouraged to apply for the Pre-Algebra Institute.
AusPrEP.Recommendation Forms.2017 Math and Science Teacher Recommendations forms. To be completed by the applicant’s math and science teachers.
AusPrEP.Program Asst Application.2017 Job description and application for college students desiring to intern as a Program Assistant with AusPrEP.
AusPrEP.Instructor Application A.2017 To be completed by teachers desiring to be instructors with AusPrEP