Telephone and Mobile Phone
Setting up a mobile phone with Exchange
Please use the following information to setup Contacts, Calendar, Email, and Task syncing on your mobile phone.
- Server Address: webmail.htu.edu
- URL: https://webmail.htu.edu/owa
- If available, check the option for “This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection.”
- User name: The HT ID user name you use to logon to the HT PC or HT webmail
- Password: Your HT password you use to logon to the HT webmail
- Domain: Enter “HT” (without the quotes)
Depending on your phone, you might see a section that asks you to “Choose the data you want to synchronize.” with options for Contacts, Calendar, Email, and Tasks. Depending on your phone and its operating system, these choices may vary and are up to you to set.
Configuring Iphone with Exchange
The following instructions will walk you through setting up your iPhone to wirelessly access your Huston-Tillotson University Exchange e-mail, calendar, and contacts.
- iPhone with version 2.1 or later operating system
- Active cellular data connection (Edge or 3G) or wireless (WiFi) connection
- Active Huston-Tillotson University username and password
Exchange Setup Instructions:
To set up iPhone or iPod touch for Exchange, do the following:
- Press the Home button.
- Press Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account… > Microsoft Exchange.
- Fill in the requested information:
- Enter your email address in the Email field. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter HT in the Domain field
- Enter your HT username in the Username field.
- Enter your HT password in the Password field.
- Enter HT Exchange in the Description field.
Your iPhone (or iPod Touch) will now try to locate the Exchange Server (email) using Microsoft’s Autodiscovery service. Confirm the settings when presented.
You may be prompted to provide the server name (webmail.htu.edu) and then click Next to continue.
Choose which type(s) of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only 3 days’ worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars. select your HT Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync. Tap Save to save the settings and begin receiving Exchange data.
(Note: If you choose to synchronize Exchange contacts and calendar, all existing contact and calendar information on the iPhone or iPod Touch is overwritten.)