- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2.8 GPA
- Teacher Certification
- Service Record reflecting two years of creditable teaching experience
- Letter of Intent (no more than 2 pages in length)
The letter of intent should describe: (a) reasons for pursuing a graduate degree or advanced study program, (b) goals to be accomplished through the program, (c) personal and professional qualities that will contribute to the applicant’s success in the program and as a professional educator, and (d) perspectives about education as a profession, teaching, learning, leading, or other aspects related to the education of children and youth.
- Letters of Reference
Three (3) letters of reference from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s (a) experience with children and youth, (b) leadership and collaborative skills, and (c) prospects of success in graduate studies.
- Acceptable results on background check
- For applicants with foreign language transcript only: official TOEFL-iBT scores of at least 26 on Speaking section
Applicants who have submitted all application materials and meet program requirements will be interviewed by members of the M.Ed. Candidacy Committee for further screening.
The HT Principal Preparation Program application and admission procedures are designed with an emphasis on diversity, academic excellence, and leadership, in accordance with the University’s mission.