Kathryn Davis is the Director of the Center of Marketing Research at Huston-Tillotson University. She has taught classes in marketing and international business. While her focus has always been in the field of marketing, she has taught a variety of subjects at Huston-Tillotson University, St. Edwards University, and Austin Community College.
Davis wrote her dissertation on the impact of acculturation on Mexican Americans’ service perceptions and service expectations in a dental environment. In addition, Davis has published four white papers including:
- “Internet Privacy as it Relates to CRM”
- “Establishing a Business Intelligence System Within an Organization”
- “Conducting Market Research in Latin America”
- “Market Entry Strategies in Latin America”
Davis is a member of the American Advertising Federation and the American Marketing Association.
Davis worked with multinational businesses in sales and marketing. She founded and managed a marketing consultancy, helping companies resolve their marketing and management issues. During her period of consultancy, she:
- Co-invented SquidSoap, a consumer product with four patents and three patents pending selling in over 14,000 retail outlets in the United States, including Wal-Mart, Albertsons, and CVS. Actively participated in the product’s design, development, sourcing, and marketing.
- Conducted extensive qualitative and quantitative market research for firms across market segments including focus groups, in-depth interviews, dyads and triads.
- Created marketing plans and business plans for companies in service industries and manufacturing industries.
- Created and implemented the full market introduction strategy for products in the decorative building products industry. The strategies included market identification, sales promotion, product pricing, collateral development and product positioning.
- Developed the branding strategies for companies in hardware, software, utilities, human resources and biomedical industries.
- Conceived the advertising strategy and served as the liaison between corporations and advertising agencies in various industries.
- Developed product and corporate positioning strategies.
- Managed strategic planning and implementation of trade shows and events.
- Managed teams of marketing and sales managers.
- Conceived and implemented global distribution and transportation logistics strategies for companies in a variety of industries.