HT Announces the Rent-A-Text Program
Tuesday Jun, 29 2010
(AUSTIN, Texas) 6.29.10 — Huston-Tillotson University officials today announced it will begin offering textbook rental services at the on-campus Follett bookstore this fall. Rent-A-Text will offer students a rental option on textbooks – creating savings that represent 50 percent or more off the price of new textbooks.
“We are eager to launch Rent-A-Text because we are committed to providing students with affordable textbook choices,” said Terry S. Smith, Interim Vice President for Institutional Advancement . “In addition to the $400 per semester book voucher that the University provides to full-time students, this will allow students to increase their textbook buying power.”
- Huston-Tillotson University’s textbook rental program will:
- Be available to students in-store and online with in-store pick up;
- Allow students to chose a preferred form of payment, including financial aid and campus cards;
- Allow students the freedom to highlight and take notes all within the normal wear and tear associated with coursework; and
- Give students the choice to buy their textbook at the end of the term if they want to keep the book.
Rent-A-Text will be offered through Huston-Tillotson University’s ongoing partnership with the Follett Higher Education Group. The program is based on Follett’s comprehensive pilot program that saved students nearly $2 million on their course materials in just one semester at seven schools. More than 90 percent of students surveyed who rented textbooks expressed satisfaction with the pilot program.
“We have been at the forefront of cost-savings programs for more than a century,” said Thomas A. Christopher, President of Follett Higher Education Group. “Helping to reduce the costs of higher education is part of our mission and we look forward to working with Huston-Tillotson University to deliver substantial textbook savings to students.”