Skip Navigation

Downs-Jones Library Reopening Scheduled March 22

Plan to visit the temporary location of the library located behind the Anthony-and Louise Viaer-Alumni Hall to see pictures and a video of the work in progress.

 Downs-Jones Library

Downs-Jones Library is undergoing a complete renovation to include an all new interior with open spaces and study areas. The new facility will house HT’s RAM café with coffee and snack selections in addition to the books, publications, videos, and artwork. The central circulation desk will be surrounded by a central master staircase with glass handrails and innovative interior architectural walls. Downs-Jones Library, built in 1960, was named for Dr. Karl Everett Downs, President of Samuel Huston College from 1943-1948; and Dr. William H. Jones, President of Tillotson College from 1944-1952. Follow the work in progress.